I’m a big fan of the Salomon Speedcross, but then, who isn’t? Over the course of three years of trail and ultra running, I’ve gone through a couple of pairs of Speedcross. In my search for a nimble trail running shoe with an aggressive tread, I happen up Salomon S-LAB Sense 3 Ultra SG (Soft Ground) and decided to give them a try. Here are my thoughts.
Promo Copy from Salomon:
Take the aggressive tread of the SPEEDCROSS, apply it to the low, light, and fast S-LAB SENSE concept, and you’ve got an athlete requested, ultra-distance trail running weapon for soft ground.
- Shoe is designed for grip, light weight and ultra distance.
- Weight: 240 gms for size 8.5 shoe
- Drop: 4mm
- Quick-drying, breathable polyester mesh
- Midsole dual density and molded EVA
- Sensifit system works to cradle the foot providing a precise and secure fit
- EndoFit internal fit sleeve designed to hug the foot in exactly the right places and improve feedback and foot-wrapping
- Protective TPU toe cap provides strong foothold support and side protection
- Non-marking Contragrip delivering optimal traction on varied surfaces; Salomon's Contagrip outsoles use the ideal combination of specialized rubbers for each specific use
- Quicklace minimalist and strong lace for one-pull tightening; easy on, easy off
Did I mention I love these shoes? Well, I really do!
If you’re looking for a shoe with reduced cushion not compromising stability, a nimble and fast ride over mixed terrain that also offers superior foot hold, then look no further. The Salomon S-LAB Sense 3 Ultra SG is the shoe for you!
Quick note: The Salomon S-LAB Sense 4 Ultra SG is due to launch sometime in Mach 2015. A few of the upgrades to the shoes include:
Author: Shalini Kovach is a trail junkie and ultra distance runner, forever in search of the perfect running gear that will make life easy out in the wilderness.