I’m a big fan of the Salomon Speedcross, but then, who isn’t? Over the course of three years of trail and ultra running, I’ve gone through a couple of pairs of Speedcross. In my search for a nimble trail running shoe with an aggressive tread, I happen up Salomon S-LAB Sense 3 Ultra SG (Soft Ground) and decided to give them a try. Here are my thoughts.
Promo Copy from Salomon:
Take the aggressive tread of the SPEEDCROSS, apply it to the low, light, and fast S-LAB SENSE concept, and you’ve got an athlete requested, ultra-distance trail running weapon for soft ground.
- Shoe is designed for grip, light weight and ultra distance.
- Weight: 240 gms for size 8.5 shoe
- Drop: 4mm
- Quick-drying, breathable polyester mesh
- Midsole dual density and molded EVA
- Sensifit system works to cradle the foot providing a precise and secure fit
- EndoFit internal fit sleeve designed to hug the foot in exactly the right places and improve feedback and foot-wrapping
- Protective TPU toe cap provides strong foothold support and side protection
- Non-marking Contragrip delivering optimal traction on varied surfaces; Salomon's Contagrip outsoles use the ideal combination of specialized rubbers for each specific use
- Quicklace minimalist and strong lace for one-pull tightening; easy on, easy off
Did I mention I love these shoes? Well, I really do!
If you’re looking for a shoe with reduced cushion not compromising stability, a nimble and fast ride over mixed terrain that also offers superior foot hold, then look no further. The Salomon S-LAB Sense 3 Ultra SG is the shoe for you!
Quick note: The Salomon S-LAB Sense 4 Ultra SG is due to launch sometime in Mach 2015. A few of the upgrades to the shoes include:
Author: Shalini Kovach is a trail junkie and ultra distance runner, forever in search of the perfect running gear that will make life easy out in the wilderness.
Our blog writers are members of Terrain Trail Runners, local athletes just like you, who want to share their love and knowledge of the sport.