1. How far do you run?
Doink! Didn’t you hear me when I said the words ultra and runner? Sorry but 26.2 is only a warm up.
2. What pace do you run?
Oh good lord...pace!?! What is that? I just need to FINISH!
3. How many toes nails do you have?
I lost count after 10.
4. Ever heard of a car?
Gee, thanks, Einstein!
5. What do you do about bodily functions while running distance?
Take it on the GO!
6. You must really like running?
Umm…I accept that ultras are about suffering and perseverance.
7. How far is your 50k marathon?
You got me there.
8. How do you run a 100 miles?
How do you eat an elephant?
9. Do you run the whole thing?
Now you’re channeling your inner stupid.
10. Have you ever gotten lost?
Ah! Last but not the least…it ain’t a trail run if you didn’t get lost.
Author: Shalini Kovach is the lead organizer of Terrain Trail Runners.
Our blog writers are members of Terrain Trail Runners, local athletes just like you, who want to share their love and knowledge of the sport.